Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Eight Months


Again, not much has changed since last month. The grandparents would beg to differ - since they see her every few weeks or only on the weekends. I see her every day. I still love picking her up from daycare and seeing how excited she is when she sees that it's me picking her up. She starts talking/screeching and waving her hands and kicking her feet. Pure excitement - all to see me! I love it! Physical progress: still not rolling over. Sitting much better, even without using the tripod method. If you put her on her stomach, her arms are stretched out and her stomach is off the floor. Knees are pulled up almost like she wants to crawl. When she is in her exersaucer she goes crazy. Sometimes I think that thing is going to flip over she makes it rock so much.

She is still a big eater.
Breakfast: 6oz formula, 4 T oatmeal, 3.5oz fruit (stage 2)
Snack: 6oz formula
Lunch: 6oz formula, 4 T oatmeal
Snack: 6oz formula
Dinner: 6oz formula, 4 T oatmeal, 3.5oz veggie (stage 2)

You would think eating all that she would be this chubby little thing. She's still tiny. Another month and she will have her next doctors appointment. At the 6 month appointment he said she was doing just fine and would be on the small side because of being premature. So far she does what she is supposed to do so I guess we are doing something right.

Communication has kicked up a bit. Besides her normal babble and squawks, we think we may be hearing mama and dada. Or just wishful thinking. When you put music on sometimes she sounds like she is singing along. She also loves to dance (with you of course).

At the end of this month we will be taking a trip to Brookings, SD. Besides going to Florida, this will be Jolynn's first long car ride. Since we are leaving after work, I'm sure she will sleep the whole way there. This will also be our first family trip, as Jon usually works the weekends. It is my birthday weekend and I am so excited to be able to be with him and her and on vacation.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Yea Jolynn! You're getting so big!

GML said...

CAnnot believe that she is this big already. 8months? sho, I've missed a lot.

You seem to be doing well. I'm also back at work and I love the smiles I get when I get home and he sees me. #meltsmyheart