Sunday, February 10, 2008

How It All Started


Jon and I first met at Jodi and Brian's wedding. They actually paired us up together to walk down the aisle. Nothing more really came of that. Jon said he was interested at the time, but knew that I was with someone so he didn't pursue. I ended up getting married.

Four years later, and 7 months ago, I was separated from ex and had an extra ticket for a work banquet. As I'm walking around an exhibit at work I get a call from Jodi. Jon had gone on my myspace page and saw that my status had changed to divorced. He text messaged Jodi 20 times asking questions about me. He finally asked her if he could have my number to call me. Jodi called me and asked if it was okay. I said sure. I didn't know why he would be so interested. I talked to him on the way home and then we chatted online for hours. A few days later I asked Jodi if she thought he would want to go to this dinner with me. She said to ask-so I did-he accepted. We met up at the Hilton. He came to dinner with me and then we headed back to the hotel. It was a very nice evening.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I am so excited for November! It's so fun to think about you two together.