Sunday, August 2, 2009

NY 8/1 & 8/2/09

Saturday was another lazy day - love days where I never get out of my pjs. I helped Sarah paint a little more in the screen porch. Cory set up a pool for Skye. It took a few hours to get it filled but it was fun once it was up. They haven't had good weather here for a few weeks, so getting outside is a big deal. Cory had to work 7p-7a, so when Skye went to bed, Sarah and I watched Twilight...again. That movie stays with you, the way they look at each other they don't even need to say any lines.

Sunday - I went to church with Sarah. It has been a long time since I have gone to church. A lot has changed. It was fun. The Pastor was very alive and fresh. He referenced things from my generation (80's music, artists from today). They also had a live band that didn't play the typical music I remember. It was lively and the words were up on a big screen. They had guest pastors from Washington DC. They opened with Psalm 37:3-6
Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

I have always believed in the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would like done unto you. I also have been thinking if I start trusting and putting some faith in that higher power that maybe I will get the desires of my heart.

No comments: