Monday, September 13, 2010

Two Months

Believe it. We are at TWO MONTHS! Our little peanut is growing so much. She has nearly doubled her birth weight. She is eating so much and so fast you would think she was at the milk booth at the State Fair. Whenever I am feeding her I always think about this photo. It was my favorite at the time. Can't hold her like that anymore. I can barely hold her with one hand to burp her like Jon does.
We are just starting to get into the coos. It feels like she stays up more than she sleeps lately. We have been playing with an activity center that my mom found. Adding our own play things to it. So far she hasn't grasped onto anything, but she loves looking at everything-especially the lighted stuff.

We found out the hard way that what I ate affects her greatly. The State Fair was great for me, not so much for Jolynn. A few days later she was on that day of pumped breast milk. Before this she hadn't gone to the bathroom for 7 days. We were very worried so I called a nurse at the clinic. She talked to the doctor and called me back with instructions. We were to give her 1/2 oz of prune juice mixed into her milk or with water. Not to exceed 2oz in 24 hours. After 1/2 an oz there was a shart, then at 1oz she pooped out the sides; By 1 1/2 oz Jon had put her in the swing. She threw up most of her brown liquid and then when we went to change her from the puke that was on her onesie we noticed poop on it too. Later looked at the swing and there was poop on the straps. Needless to say we didn't give her anymore prune juice. Couple days later she had the State Fair milk and we had another blow out.

Since my last post Jon also had his 30th (Golden) birthday. We celebrated by going to Fogo de Chao. Jolynn does great at outings. Sleeps through most of it. She went to Benihana, Fogo, Red Robin, and Origami Sushi. I didn't get Jon anything for his birthday. I felt a little bad, but without working I didn't think we could really afford anything nice. He has Jolynn, what else could he want :) His parents gave him a REALLY nice video camera. We have only done a couple videos. Just like with the camera, you need to have this attached to your wrist at all times to catch those moments. It's sad that most of my memories of the past two months are in my head because I didn't take as many pictures or videos as I would have wanted.

No comments: