Monday, September 3, 2012

Jon's birthday

Jon had more of a birthday week than a birthDAY.  It started Wednesday with Benihana.  My mom watched Jolynn while we went out for his free $30 worth of food.  I remember us going there and eating everything they served plus we got a couple sushi rolls.  Now I eat that and then the main meal comes and I have to box the whole thing.  Jon did convince me to change my normal surf and turf to Yakisoba (with chicken).  Granted I didn't eat it until almost a week later - it still tasted awesome.  Definitely getting that again.

Thursday was Jon's actual birthday - FOGO DAY!.  We took the day off.  Around 11:30 we headed over to the Desvousges'.  Margaret rode with Jason.  She's not much for Fogo so she agreed to watch all the kids so Erin and Richard could come with.  It was a great lunch. I've gotten into making cake pops.  This was my second try at it.  I can get the cake part right, the frosting was what I needed to work on.  These turned out great.  I asked Jon what his favorite color was, which I knew, and not thinking about what I was applying it to.  So Jon has blue balls for dessert.

Friday was the State Fair with the Moritz clan.  We did our traditional stop to get Jolynn's hand casted.  (picture to be inserted later).  We hit up our normal fair food - curds, corn on the cob, fried pickles, the milk stand, malt from the milk booth, corn dogs, foot long hot dog.  Jon tried the bacon ice cream.  I really couldn't taste the bacon all that much.  Jon also went for the Poutine - fries, cheese curds (not fried), covered in gravy.  In line for the Poutine was the grandfather of hockey Lou Nanne.  Jon felt like a bit of a rube for not saying anything to him.  I have no idea who he is - anyone in the sports world does however.  Many older generations would be surprised that Jon did.  See more on the State Fair here.

No comments: