Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ren Fest 2012

As with the State Fair, I believe we have learned that these activities are fun with Jolynn, but we need our adult time too.  To experience everything through her eyes, the excitement; but it also nice to have the adult time to enjoy the adult parts of the day.  At the fair it was the buildings.  At Ren Fest it was the shops.  There was no way I was taking Jolynn in any of the highly breakable shops.  I just wanted to look around, NOT HAPPENING.  So we did the Jolynn thing.  We ate our turkey leg and cheese curds.  I was going to do the beer tasting but forgot my license in the car.  If I would have known better I would have taken the free shuttle back to the car and been back in time to still drink.  Next year I will remember EVERYTHING.  Last year I forgot cash for the food booths.  This year was the license.  Next year will be perfect.haha.  In the years that I have gone to the Renaissance Festival I have watched the shows and played a few games (archery or throwing knives).  I wander the stores and have fun looking at all the costumes.  Last year I finally made my own costume.  Since losing 40 lbs it doesn't quite fit the same.  A little loose and I was able to synch the bodice all the way closed.  All good things, but it took a long time for me to make that costume!


Like I said, this year was about Jolynn basically.  We tried to watch the jousting event but there were a slew of bees and we didn't want to stick around.  Jolynn saw kids getting rides on the horses and wanted to go.  So we did.
a little scared of the big horse

coming back down so WE can ride the next horse together.

here we go!

waving to daddy




 After riding the horse, she noticed a MUCH bigger animal next to it that was giving rides too.  Of course we HAD to ride an ELEPHANT!  I tell you this was all she talked about when people asked her about Ren Fest.




1 comment:

Margaret said...

Next year, Grandma and Grandpa will come with. We will do the Jolynn stuff and then take her home. Then you and Jon (and company), can do the adult stuff. Sound like a plan? :-)