Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Aldi Experience

Lately that's all I've been hearing about is this Aldi store. I thought I would check it out.
**it was like walking into a warehouse style grocery store with everything in the shipping box it came in.
**they were a bit limited on their items.
**I forgot to bring my own bags and ended up spending 11 cents on a bag.
**I spent 50% less than I would at a normal grocery store.

It was a good place to go for packing lunches or for everyday items. Special dinners will still need a stop at Cub - the produce selection was lacking.

When I was checking out the cashier told the lady in front of me that she was limited to one bushel of strawberries because they were running short. If someone is willing to buy them and they already say that some items in the store are first come first serve, why put a limit on how many one person can buy? (she was buying 2 bushels by the way)

1 comment:

erin said...

Sorry I missed this one, Carrie. I'm glad you finally got to go! I like it for every day stuff, too. I'm leery of the produce, but I think their meat is always pretty good.