Monday, July 26, 2010

It's All Good

It was an awesome day. This morning I happened to look outside and saw a city truck parked next to our house. They were checking out the trees (Jon had called them about the downed trees). Apparently, the property behind our fence and on the trail side is school property. The city guy talked to the school about removing the downed trees and the uprooted trees. It would be nice if we could get them to remove all the overgrowth of weeds, dead trees, and buckthorn. The city guy is also going to have the boom truck check out the huge trees that line the walkway and have limbs hanging over our house. These trees are on city property so he said they could trim them. I can't believe how well this turned out.

Jolynn and I had a home nurse stop by today too. My BP was 130/90. The lower number is not great, but is better considering I'm not resting a whole lot. Jolynn's check up was even better. The nurse weighed her in at 4lb 10.5oz! That's only .5 oz from her birth weight. I was so happy. Then the hard part - she had to take a vial of blood to test her bilirubin levels. Jolynn hates this part. Not so much the heel prick, but the squeezing of her foot to get the blood. The nurse said her input and output was good, and her increase in weight was great. They called us later with the results of the test - 10.6 (not sure what numbers all mean) which meant it is still in her system, but the level is not enough to alarm them. She has her first doc appointment on Wednesday.

As far as my weight, I don't know what I have lost officially because my appointment isn't until Friday. I decided to try on some shorts that I hadn't worn for a very long time, even prior to getting pregnant. They fit. I hope it continues.

No comments: