Sunday, October 9, 2011

Macaroni Kid Family Fun Day

I receive emails for activities in our area through a site called Macaroni Kid. On Friday I rec'd an email that they were taking old costumes at the Maple Grove Craft Fair on Saturday. You would receive a ticket to get a new costume at the Fun Day at Anoka MS on Sunday.

I went into Jolynn's closet and found a lady bug bunting costume she never wore last year. We already have a couple costumes for this year, but I didn't think it would hurt to have another just in case. I picked out a lion and a flower. I held them up for Jolynn and asked her which one she wanted. She shook her head no. I held up the lion one and another one. She shook her head no again. Then I took down this frog costume. She grabbed it. She knows what she wants.

When you first enter you are given a goodie bag that had a bunch of coupons and free stuff if you go to the vendor's stores. You had to go around to all the booths and get a stamp on a card. Once you had all the stamps then you turn in your card for a spin on a "prize" wheel. All the booths had candy too so the kids (or in my case, me) could go trick-o-treating. Two of the booths were craft activities for the kids. One was making a spider web from black paint and a ball rolled in a pan. Jolynn again made her own decision in which spider would adore her web.




Then we went over to the other craft table that had foam cutouts with foam stickers to decorate them. Jolynn picked out the stickers and I stuck them on.


This was definitely a fun activity and it was all free. The only bad part about the whole thing was that Jon was not able to join us.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I bet Jolynn could make marble paintings now. Bee was doing them at a year. Just use a brownie pan in the tub. Paper bowls for the paint, and let her tip the pan back and forth. She could do stickers too, and work on her fine motor skills. Bee loves putting stickers on paper. I have to take them off the sheets for her though.