Sunday, July 19, 2009

Back splash

When you decide you are going to grout - make sure you want to do it all the way through. There is no stopping half way through because you are tired or your hands hurt. I read the directions on the grout bag. Tried using the float to spread the stuff on. With the stone being so uneven this was impossible. I had to put it on by hand. Half way through I had 4 holes and a lot of scrapes on my right hand. I switched to the left. Went a little bit farther and had 3 holes and a bunch of scratches in my hand. With two walls done, I was starting to get whiney. Jon to the rescue! He jumped in and finished off the last wall. He had a little different method - still had to use his hands, but he put a lot on and scraped it off with the float.

His side looks better, good thing its the first wall you see.









All that is left is to remove the dust layer on the stone and then reseal it.



(Finished Product)


No comments: