Monday, July 27, 2009

NY 7/26 & 7/27/09

Cory, Sarah and Skye went to church on Sunday. Jon slept in and I walked 3 miles downstairs on their treadmill. When they got back we had chicken nuggets and mac-n-cheese. I made it my special way with added cheese. Skye went down for a nap but not for long. She ended up going to bed at 7:30. Sarah had a babysitter come over while Skye was sleeping and we went out to Mongolians and a movie. Being that Jon and I are eventually going to have kids and seeing what it is like for them, I could totally understand the getting out for dinner and a movie as a big deal. We saw The Awful Truth. We thought it was hilarious! A lot of adult humor. It is rated R for a reason. We were all pretty tired when we got back so it was straight to bed.

Monday morning was very laid back. Everyday we have been here Skye has slept in until 8:30. Cory said Sarah is getting a mini vacation because she has been sleeping in. It has been raining just about every day here, so when it isn't there is work to be done outside. Sarah is also having trouble with her computer upstairs so Jon worked on that while we were outside painting and staining. Cory worked on the deck rails while Sarah and I painted the wood trim on the screen porch. Then we stained the steps to the screen porch. Clutzy me bumped the container of paint I was holding and dumped it all down the steps. Our staining job would have looked perfect.

Sarah and Cory were invited to go out with some friends so they are getting a babysitter for a few hours tonight and we are going to Coach's for dinner. It will most likely be an early evening since they both have to work tomorrow. Jon and I will be going to Alexandria Bay for 2 days and staying one night in Canada.

No comments: