Sunday, August 15, 2010

One Month

I can't believe our little girl is a month old already. People weren't kidding when they said time would fly by. I would love to say that Jolynn has reached some great milestones, but she hasn't-there isn't much to accomplish in the first month. There were the little ones like making it back to her birth weight, and reaching a weight where she could go out in her car seat legally. She also lost her cord and has an innie belly button.

We started off bottle feeding and were able to do both breastfeeding and bottle. She even recently started breastfeeding without the nipple shield. That is once in a blue moon however. I imagine soon she will be making sounds and faces that will actually mean something, instead of the normal smile because she has gas. She sleeps great, normally 3-4+ hours at a time. Jon has been great with helping with the feedings. It was a little rough at first because of him going back to work, but I think he is starting to get acclimated to a few hours of sleep at a time. I had the whole pregnancy to get used to that with getting up to go to the bathroom. Now instead of bathroom breaks I'm getting up to feed Jolynn.
One of the questions I often get is, "how is parenthood treating me?"
Some days it feels like I am babysitting someone's kid. There are also days where I am absolutely fed up with her squirming and fussing. That's when Jon takes over, or she has a visit with a grandparent. When I get her back I look at her and appreciate her so much more. I wonder to myself, how could I ever leave or be mad at this little angel. Then of course it happens again. Takes a few days for this pressure to build up, but it is nice to have a release and calm yourself.

We had our first photo session with Gracia Joy Nelson. She came to our house and took some great photos. I can't wait to do Jolynn's birth announcements now. Below is ONE of my favorites. There were 282 photos that I loaded, 36 were loaded to Facebook. I thought picking out the clothes was the hard part - now I have to choose from so many great photos for her announcements...this is going to be tough.

4 comments:

GML said...

She is so precious.

I'm so broody right now. I really cannot wait.

So good to hear all is going well you and baby J.

erin said...

"Small" milestones?? I'd say making her birth weight and losing her cord are two MAJOR milestones!! :)
Great work, Mommy!
Also, I can TOTALLY identify with the birth announcement anxiety. It's so tough choosing the PERFECT PHOTO.

Margaret said...

I love that photo! (And many of the others as well.)

Unknown said...

My Aunt suggested that I skip the announcements and put the money in her college fund. With technology the way it is now, everyone already knows her stats and can see her photos. So I am skipping the announcements - but I am still sending photos (and I was able to print her stats on the back).