Tuesday, August 31, 2010

State Fair 2010

My day started off at 4am with a feeding. Then pumping and a shower. I had a bowl of cereal to tide me over until getting to the fair. I got everything packed up and ready to go, time to get Jolynn in her car seat. Woke her up at 7:30 and she was ready to eat - so I had to feed her and then we were off to Grandma and Grandpa Benson's at 8:00am. Once we got there they were ready to go. We got to the fair around 9:00am. We went to a restaurant called Hamline dining hall (or something like that). Sally met us there when we were just about done. We mapped out all the places we wanted to go and times of things we wanted to see.

First was the Robot Demonstrations in the Educational building. I wasn't impressed. I guess I was expecting more like robot wars. So we passed on that and took a walk around. We found a booth that was taking pictures and putting them on a calendar for FREE. Score! Jolynn brings a lot of attention where ever she goes. How can you resist such an adorable little girl :) The Educational building also had free bags. Jolynn was ready to eat after this excursion. So we went back to the Hamline dining hall and asked for some hot water - they were very nice and didn't mind giving me this and letting me sit in there to feed her out of the sun.

Then we went to see the chickens. My mom is now into raising chickens, so she really wanted to go see them. Jolynn and I waited outside. This was the only photo I took the entire time we were there. Don't worry - you didn't miss anything. This is what she did the entire time we were at the fair.
After the chickens I was on a mission to get my cheese curds. I stopped and got corn on the way. Then we got to the cheese curds. I got those and should have shared. I ended up getting a belly ache and was in the bathroom later.

It was pretty warm. Every now and again there would be a breeze. I was drinking pop (not caffeinated). Pop is not a good source to keep you hydrated. I started to feel faint and decided I better head back to the car and home. Once we got to the car my mom had some water in her cooler. I drank that and combined with the AC in the car, was feeling much better. Note for next time is to bring water, sunscreen, and a hat.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

We decided we weren't brave enough to hit the fair. Trying to get through that mob would have been too much for me and I wanted a stress-free day before heading back to work today. Sounds like you guys had fun!