Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Catch Up

So it was a busy few days leading up to the wedding day so I didn't get a chance to write about the rehearsal, dinner, and Fogo.

We had rehearsal on Thursday October 30 because many of our friends are first time parents and we thought it would be nice for them to enjoy that first moment with their kiddies. When we showed up for rehearsal I noticed a couple people in costume. I didn't think much of it because I saw the same outfits on facebook-I just figured they were coming from a party or going to one. Then others showed up in more elaborate costumes. Mike and Margaret were a couple of playing cards. Everyone had conspired about this for quite some time via email. Since my parents email was not working, they didn't get the memo. Knute had just came back from Amsterdam so he had a good excuse for not dressing up.

We got into the hall a little late, but everyone was great and we were able to run through the ceremony a couple times with the music. Then we were off to the Machine Shed for dinner. Everyone had fun and plenty to eat.

On Friday I went to Midway Party Rental and picked up the napkins. Then I headed to a few other stops. We were meeting a group for lunch at Fogo. Olaf, Mike and Dave met us there. Jodi and Brian came to our house and we rode together. It was the first time for Jodi, Brian and Dave. I think they enjoyed themselves. About an hour after we got done eating Jodi's parents called and asked if she would be ready for dinner-way too full. It is a meat smorgisboard.

After lunch Jodi helped me get last minute stuff for the wedding. Then we headed to her brother's house to go trick-o-treating. When done she took me to the hotel. There was a hand off with Tamara-who spent the night with me. I was so wound up that I couldn't sleep and just wanted to keep talking. She finally said, if we go to bed now we'll get this amount of sleep. I still ended up waking up before the alarm...nerves/excitement.

Next up...the wedding day!

No comments: