Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day 2: 11-3-08

I have this problem with sleeping in. I set the coffee pot to auto@7am. I woke up at 6 and waited for the coffee. Looks like it is going to be a nice day. Yesterday is was raining/drizzling. It's now a little after 8am. I'm on my third cup of coffee, showered and dressed. Just waiting for Jon to get up so we can go to some parks! Third cup enjoyed on deck.Jon was moving by 9 and we were out the door by 9:30. Jon decided no watch and no Garmin-bad idea. We got a little lost, luckily we still had regular maps in the car. Once we got back on the main freeway (Hwy 4) we got to our destination - EPCOT! I'm not going to go into every detail because we went on everything and saw everything. We were there for 12 hours. My feet were killing me.First we got a Fast Pass (FP- a pass you get before a ride or show so you don' t have to stand in line as long) for Soarin. Then we went on Living with the land. This showed the green house that Dinner Impossible used. Everything in the greenhouse is used at the Disney resorts and parks for preparing food. Everything is fresh.Then we went to Japan, ate at Yakitori House. We took the ferry back to the other side becauase it was time for our FP on Soarin. Then we got a FP for Test Track. While waiting for Test Track, we went on Mission Space. Not my fave. I felt a bit sick. Needed to slow down, so we went to Ellen's Adventure, Spaceship Earth and then Fast Track.
We saw a couple wearing bride/groom Mickey ears. We had to get them. Another couple had buttons that you get for free from guest services-ours said Just Married. They have 1st Visit, Birthday, and Anniversary buttons too. Once we had all the items on people, workers and visitors, all wished us congratulations.
After Fast Track we made our way around he countries again starting with Mexico and the Gran Fiesta Tour. Another "ride" if you are looking to rest your feet. Another lady told us we needed to get a margarita-so we did. They were gone by China and I was a little tipsy. We stopped to sit for a bit. Some workers were roping off an area for the fireworks. I asked if there were only certian areas you could go to watch them since they were roping off areas. I had notices turrets along the shore and thought they ropes were for safety. The lady got on her walkie talkie and told another lady to look for newlyweds named MORITZ for special seating. We made our way back to Japan. When we first visited Jon picked an oyester with a pearl and had it mounted in a necklace that says LOVE in Japanese. I also got my own chopsticks. Jon really knows me. Any time I go on vacation I buy things for other people, not myself. When we went back this time, he bought a sushi set and I picked out a book for sushi parties. We bought Jason a "sword" letter opener. We also caught a Taiko drum performance.
Our special viewing area was behind the Fish-n-Chips in the UK. They knew who we were when we arrived. Jon played with the camera to get pictures of the show. When it was done we headed back to the hotel. Our car doesn't have automatic anything. We had to remember where it was. As we went straight to our car-no problem-all you could hear were car alarms going off because peole were trying to find theirs. Doesn't work as well when everyone's is going off.
We decided we want to spend another 1/2 day at Epcot to eat at all the countries. It is International Food and Wine Festival. Every country had 2-3 booths with $3-5 samples of their food. We also didn't do any character pictures and the Kodak Picturespots.
When we got back to the hotel there was a basket from the hotel with cheese, crackers, trailmix, chocolates, tea, and wine. Jon's eating the trail mix, Jadah will get the tea, and Nate will get teh chocolates. These things all had nuts in them (or I don't drink tea)-I'll take the wine :)
I drew a bath and soaked my aching feet. My fantastic husband gave me a foot massage.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Sounds like an awesome day!