Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 5: 11-6-08

Woke up ready to go again. I feel like a little kid. Watching the local news while waiting for Jon to get up. Forecast comes on and they said a cold front was coming next week. All the temps said 80, one day said 77. That is NOT a cold front.

Arrived at Magic Kingdom by 9am. Parked in Dopey. In all the days we have parked at Disney we haven't lost the car yet. Took the monorail to Magic Kingdom. First top was Space Mtn. Very fun-very dark. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin was more of a kiddie ride, but shooting things and getting points was fun. Tomorrowland Transit Authority took us around the whole Tomorrowland area. Then we hit up Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. Hilarious! It was an interactive cartoon comedy show. Stitch's Great Escape was okay. More of a sensory ride using scents and spraying water. Fantasyland had the Philharmagic. Using 3D glasses the movie and characters seemed like they were right in front of me. I thought I was going to wack the lady in front of me when I grabbed for one of the things that fly by. We wandered through the other lands to Liberty Square for Haunted Mansion. Not a whole lot to say about that one either. Onto Frontierland, got our FP for Big Thunder Mtn. There was an hour wait for that so I went on Splash Mtn by myself. Jon did n't want to get wet. It had a 40 min wait. As I am in line for who knows how long, they annouce they are having technical difficulties and don't know how long the wait will be. Many people got out of line. I didn't want to get out because I didn't know how close I was. Finally got on-chose the back. Came out with a few sprinkles. By the time I got off the ride, Jon and I were able to go right on Big Thunder. Splash Mtn not worth and hour wait in line. Big Thunder was fun and only a 5 min wait.
We took the train that goes around the whole Kingdom back to main street. Then boarded the monorail twice to Epcot.

First stop was Mexico. We had beef empenada, quesadilla with chirrizo and margaritas. China had a Chicken Sha Sha. Germany had sausage, saurkraut on a pretzel roll. That was my favorite. I was feeling really dizzy when we got to Japan. I don't know if it was a combo of heat, alcohol and no liquids to hydrate. We stopped at our fave restaurant, Yakitori House. Jon had his Japanese curry and I had the California rolls. I was feeling better. We headed to The Seas. Cute show/ride with Nemo. It is hilarious how every ride ends and dumps you into that ride's gift shop. Jon's fave ride at Epcot is Spaceship Earth. We went on again and emailed our image to ourselves and Mike at work. We headed back to Magic Kingdom using the monorail. Jon knew a little secret that you can ride in the very front with the conductor. On our way to Epcot here was a kid that threw a tantrum and the parents wouldn't do anything. The ride back was sooo much better. I got some cool pictures.

There was a castle performance called Dream Along with Mickey. Also able to get some good pics using 10x zoom. About 40 min before the parade was going to start we got a curb side spot. Three floats into the parade the battery on my camera died. You'll just have to believe me or go see it yourself. The fireworks were so beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. Took almost an hour to get out because we stopped to get hats instead of going straight out.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Looks and sounds amazing!