Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Wedding Day


The day started off with the girls getting their hair done. It didn't take that long. Everyone was able to do whatever they wanted and the stylist were able to pull off some great work. I was very impressed-everyone looked fantastic. Erin brought a fake hair piece to use on herself but ended up not using it and then offered it to me. It matched my hair perfectly and really added some volume-which I don't have. Olaf ended up loading all my photos from the wedding day onto his hard drive so I don't have anything to post for pictures yet. I also do not have my professional photos yet. I will add photos when I get them.

After the hair dos we went to the hall. Some of the girls headed over early and started setting up. By the time I got there most of the stuff was already set. Jessie did a great job on the flower arrangements-they were beautiful. Having the black napkins to break up the all white table cloths really looked nice also. We had about a half hour to get ready for photos. We all crammed into the bathroom and became really close fast. We took a few individual photos while we waited for all the girls to be done. Once everyone was done we took the girl group photos. We headed outside and took some there. Outside were two shiny silver and red Corvettes. They belonged to the owner and his son. Since the girls were in black and I was in white we went with the stand out red car. I can't wait to see these photos! A car would drive up and the girls would all scream for me to take cover in case it was Jon (who didn't want to see me before the wedding). When we were done we went into the "office" for K&J. It was the boys' turn. I haven't seen any of these and don't really know what kind of poses they even did.

The girls and I waited in the office until almost right before the start of the ceremony-then we headed out the kitchen and came around to the back door. We were going over the essential wedding stuff; something old=my bracelet was from high school prom, something new=dress, something borrowed-this stumped us until Erin yelled "MY HAIR!", something blue=my hankie tucked into my cleavage.

The officiant was supposed to be there at 3:30 to go over the ceremony. 5 min before the ceremony was supposed to start-he showed up. I was not a happy bride, but at least he was there. I had the entire ceremony outlined and had what he had to say word for word typed out. We gave him our vows and asked that he feed us the lines. We asked if he needed us to write our names on them so he knew whose was whose. He said he was fine. When the ceremony started he was not fine. He read the outlined ceremony word for word-straight through to the end. He skipped over Margaret and Jadah doing readings and then fed us our lines 2-3 words at a time. I'm surprised anyone even understood what we were saying. He almost pronounced us before I looked at him and between gritting teeth said, UNITY-GET OUT OF THE WAY. Seriously, he skipped over the part in the outline that said Unity Sand. He pronounced us, we headed out. Started gathering for the receiving line and he came over to congratulate us. I didn't want to shake his hand. Everyone backed away as I voiced my concern about how he performed. I asked for my check back and he gave it back. I would have also liked my other payment back, but he did show up and when we returned from the honeymoon we already had the official license in the mail.

The rest of the night went smoothly. Margaret and Jadah had decided pretty much as soon as they were skipped by the officiant that they would do their readings during the dinner before the toasts. They each added a little something at the end that of course got me teary. Dinner was great-the plates were kind of small so I didn't get a chance to eat some of the items. My mom brought home all the leftovers and froze them, so we had them when we returned on Sunday and for the past two days. Jon had Monday and Tuesday of this week off so dinner has been pretty easy for him with leftovers. There was lots of dancing and drinking (videos will come later also)-I hope everyone had a blast because we had so much fun we ended up leaving earlier than expected. Around 10pm Mike drove us to our honeymoon hotel next to the airport. The beds were smaller than our one at home, so funny thing, our wedding night we slept in separate beds.

Next posts will be the honeymoon-one day at a time...

**there are too many photos for blogging. To see wedding photos go to facebook or myspace.

No comments: